Fact or Fantasy

Throughout my life, I've written different types of work. Some is factual reports and some if fiction - what I wished would have happened.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

List poems Written: 1995

Here are two poems of the same style, but different feelings.

Halloween is...

Witches
Devils
Cowboys
M 'n M's
Burglars
Cats
Princesses
Bats
Vampires
Ghouls
Goblins
Headless-horsemen
little faces
funny masks
grin and say
"Trick or Treat"


And the other poem (untitled):

You are...

a mystery to me
a dream I dream
night after night

You are...

a fantasy
like the knight in shining armor
rescuing the princess from mortal danger

You are...

a thought
I have
that makes me soar

You are...

The one I love.


I know that second poem is about no one in particular. I think it was more about what I wanted to find in someone, that guy to sweep me off my feet (and then put me back down because I don't really want to be carried anywhere).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home