Fact or Fantasy

Throughout my life, I've written different types of work. Some is factual reports and some if fiction - what I wished would have happened.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Free Style: Ode to Music Written: When I was in 8th grade

"Ode to Music"

Music is essential for life.
Singers, Drummers,
Piano players galore.
Eighth notes, quarter notes too,
make music.

Singers use their voice,
and band members their breath.
A concert, a game, caroling or more.
Music is everywhere.

Flute, sax, trumpet, drum
Make more music, let it come.
Let the beat hop in your head,
Keep it there.
Learn the tune,
hum along.
Now you shall understand our song.


Okay, I know I wrote this because my friend had a huge (I mean HUGE - she made us ride our bikes all summer long near his house) crush on the drum major from the high school. Nevermind that he was 4 years older and going to college as she was just starting high school.

I did like the theme of this poem and it shows how music has always been an influence on my life. Songs tell the stories that words alone cannot really describe. I don't read a lot of "poetry" these days, but I do listen to a lot of music and hear the stories the songwriters put to song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home